- I promise to be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
- I promise to talk health, happiness, and prosperity to everyone I meet.
- I promise to look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
- I promise to think only of the best, to work only for the best, and expect only the best.
- I promise to be enthusiastic about the success of others as I would be about my own.
- I promise to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements of the future.
- I promise to always wear a cheerful countenance and give every living creature I meet a smile.
- I promise to give so much time to the improvement of myself that I have no time to criticize others.
- I promise to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and so happy to permit the presence of trouble.
- Promises are like crying babies in a theater, they should be carried out at once. Norman Vincent Peale
- Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep. Denis Waitley
- It makes my heart sick when I remember all the good words and the broken promises. Chief Joseph
- Undertake not what you cannot perform but be careful to keep your promise. George Washington
- I promise myself that I will enjoy every minute of the day that is given me to live. Nhat Hanh
- We must come under the influence of the promise and live upon the promise. Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- Those that are most slow in making a promise are the most faithful in the performance of it. Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Personal promise: Each day I will make a new promise to myself. To be braver than my past. To be stronger than my struggle. So that I may find a bigger adventure regardless of the risks. Chrissie Pinney
- I promise myself, no matter how hard it gets, I’ll never give up on my dreams.
- I promise to not make promises, I don’t intend to keep.
20. I promise to remain humble and true, and to always follow the Golden Rule.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
- No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.
- Anybody can become angry — that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way — that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.
- Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny.
- Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.
7. We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths; in feelings, not in figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best.
8. Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them.
9. The greatest virtues are those which are most useful to other persons.
10. Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others.
11. I have gained this from philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
12. Every art and every inquiry, and similarly every action and choice, is thought to aim at some good; and for this reason, the good has rightly been declared to be that at which all things aim.
13. Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
14. Moral excellence comes about because of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.
15. First, have a definite, clear practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends, wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end.
16. Man is a goal-seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals.
17. We give up leisure in order that we may have leisure, just as we go to war in order that we may have peace.
18. He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.
19. No happy man can become miserable, for he will never do acts that are hateful and mean.
20. All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established
The Highway Shaman
Zen Master’s Wisdom #1
- Endowed with a God inspired Spirit, we can manifest whatever we truly desire.
- As the world’s consciousness changes, our altruistic wisdom and skills are needed more than ever.
- A wise man is always a step ahead of others in understanding.
- Instead of trying to resolve challenging situations with the mind, defer to your heart.
- When others are lost in their storm of panic and fear, the wise ones offer a safe harbor of love and harmony.
- A balanced life has healthy natural cycles of being happy alone and being happy with others.
- Our health and vitality will flourish when we’re aligned with other healthy people who share inspirational thinking.
- The people who do not belong in your life are the ones who never really ‘get’ who you are.
- A person’s ultimate success has nothing to do with an approving or disapproving audience.
- Be the channel through whom truly original ideas, insights, and expressions can come into the world.
- The creative process is far more than an activity; it’s the bridge to spiritual transcendence.
- Our greatest opportunities lie in the shadows, awaiting the perfect time for illumination.
- One’s conscious challenge is to find the balance between a spiritual life and a mundane life.
- Strong friendships inspire and encourage us to express our uniqueness in unexpected ways.
- The inventors days are spent alone, never lonely, with a thousand treasure chests waiting to be opened.
- There is no teaching or teacher wiser than the God inspired truth residing in one’s heart.
- If your gut instinct tells you Yes, or tells you No . . . forget all other considerations and go with it.
- In joy, if love came, in sadness, if it went away, accept the gift of a lesson, learned well.
- Be at peace, eat well, travel far, live long and wisely, and always nurture the love brewing in your heart.
- Be a Light Worker; a Spiritual Warrior. Use your sword’s deadly blade to destroy lies with truth and love.